Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Welcome to Disney!


My first day as a Disney cast member was HECTIC. I met all of my roommates (well except for Rebekah, the tiny blonde, she's my best friend from college) when I got in line for my housing assignment. After spending the a couple of hours signing my housing agreements and getting ID's, we were all whisked away to experience the magic of Disney's casting department. The building itself was designed to resemble a bridge symbolizing the transition from being a guest to a cast member. Oh, and the pattern on the building is supposed to pay homage to Walt Disney's argyle socks!


After a few hours of paperwork, waiting, paperwork, background checks, and paperwork, I finally left the building as a bonafide cast member! As soon as I finished, I began the process of moving into my apartment. And, my goodness, what a process that was! I take pride in being from the South, but Florida is exponentially hotter than Mississippi. Thankfully, I had the assistance of my wonderful father who came to send me off. We had to work a bit, but Rebekah and I finally managed to make our room a cute little home for the next several months!



And, basically, that's my first day at Disney! It was hectic and stressful, but totally worth it. I slept like a rock my first night.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this Becca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THAT BUILDING. Also, I'm stoked that you're doing a blog! I can't wait to read all about your funtimes. :) Have a blast, I know you will!

    ReplyDelete