Wednesday, June 13, 2012

IT'S OFFICAL!!!!

LICENKJKUYVVRDFWH XNNSOIUE!!!!! I am now an official member of the Disney family, and I couldn't be more excited! I had to wake up nice and early for Traditions at Disney University. Yep, that's a real thing!


We learned about the past of Disney, as well as the keys to Disney's success as an organization. It was really cool. I met some neat people from all over the country... even a girl from Joliet, Illinois and one who goes to Montrose to pick blueberries every summer! (Neither are pictured)


We got our ID cards relatively soon during Traditions; it may not look like much, but it's my new favorite (well, second favorite) thing. ID cards get us all of our cast member discounts.... AND FREE ADMISSION TO ANY DISNEY THEME PARK ON THE PLANET! 


After learning, and talking, and meeting people, and learning.... we got a fun surprise; we got to go into The Magic Kingdom. We were shown all of the behind the scenes workings, which was the coolest thing I've ever done. Unfortunately, if I shared them with you, the magic would be ruined. It's TOP SECRET! The park is even more magical than I ever remembered, and I can't wait to go back again!











When we got back to the classroom in Disney U, we had yet another surprise waiting for us.... the mouse himself! Our boss Mickey came in to greet us and surprise us with a present!




And that present is my new favorite thing in the world: my name tag. Up until that point the notion of living, working, and playing at the most MAGICAL place on Earth had yet to strike me as real. I won't lie, when I received my badge and saw my name and school on it, I get a little choked up! I am just so proud to be representing my amazing school at Disney World.


 Today was filled with magic, and it is only just the beginning of my journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment