Monday, June 18, 2012

Living the Dream?

So many people say that working at Disney World was the best experience of their entire life, but I'm really beginning to doubt that. Sure, some roles may be great, and wonderful, and magical, but mine is not quite so luxurious. I am being trained strictly for the kitchen of a quick service establishment. I have no guest interaction and have to slave all day making fries, nuggets, and burgers. This wouldn't be nearly as large of a problem if the work was in a safe environment, but I do not feel safe at all. I am terrified of being burned by the grease or burning other people because I do not have the physical strength to perform the tasks. In a time of high stress, I wouldn't be able to keep up with demand because I'm not strong enough to use the friers. I'm extremely unhappy. I won't be able to do this job for 7 months. I didn't come to Disney to be scarred and burned.

Now that I have shed a little light on the underbelly of working for Disney, enjoy these pictures. I took them at Animal Kingdom with my roommates. Disney really isn't ALL bad, but don't be fooled into thinking that it is all glamour and magic.









No comments:

Post a Comment