Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Little Bit of Magic

Days like today make me certain that I have a little angel sitting on my shoulder. Knowing how heart-broken I was, my wonderful friend and campus rep, Trish, reached out to the recruiter for our area on my behalf.He set up a meeting with me that took place this morning at the casting center. He was very attentive and kind, and he listened to all of my worries and concerns. I was so impressed with how much he cared about what I was saying to him! We talked about all of my options as well as what I was hoping to obtain through my Disney Program. (He even encouraged me to go to auditions because I'm princess height!)

After relaying all of my thoughts to him, he took me to meet a woman who is in charge of cast relations/casting for those of us in the college program. He went into her office first and filled her in on my situation. Several minutes passed before she asked me to come into her office to chat. She was also very open to listening and really seemed to have my best interests in mind. She asked me a few questions, then told me not to worry about a thing. She told me she would take care of everything! She said she would do her best to find me a new role and promised I would not be in the kitchen any longer.

Then she gave me a big bag of groceries since I won't be working anymore this week!

I had really lost a lot of faith in the Disney Company, but people like Trish and the others, who go above and beyond truly make me realize what Disney is all about. Every single role is capable of performing magical moments that make life great, and these people proved that to me today. Their kindness and compassion are the qualities that exemplify the very name and ideals of the Disney Company. I have so much gratitude in my heart for all of these people!

Magic is still alive and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment