Friday, June 15, 2012

Earning My Ears

I know I didn't post yesterday, so I will try my best to fill in the events of yesterday and today in this post. I've been SO busy with training and orientation that I have just been exhausted every night! 

Yesterday was my first day in Epcot! They called it the "Discovery Day" because Epcot is the land of the future! For all who are not aware, Epcot is an acronym meaning Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, and it was Walt's reasoning for developing the Florida property! Although the Magic Kingdom was the first park completed, my home for the next several months was meant to be the central attraction for Disney goers in Florida. In fact, the center of Epcot is (or was upon it's completion) the exact center of the massive (over twice the size of Manhattan) Disney property!

When I got on the bus to Epcot yesterday morning, I noticed something quite interesting... I was the only person from the United States on the bus! I was sitting by myself, quietly observing, when a cheery girl sat down next to me and asked me where I was from in a thick British accent. We chatted the whole way there and stuck together for quite some time. I made my first International friend! I was on cloud nine! Throughout the day, I made friends with several British friends, several French friends, and a couple of German friends! I felt so cool!

We spent the day touring Epcot, riding the rides, and learning all about the history of the park. I was so excited to be in Epcot working alongside so many interesting people! While the morning was awesome, the afternoon was much less exciting. Although I got my BEAUTIFUL costume, I had to take hours worth of computer courses.


We're a couple of man-catchers, aren't we?

Today, I had another round of training.... and it was nearly unbearable. Four hours of learning how to wash my hands properly made me experience a bit of a tremor in the Magic. I definitely felt a bit of doubt for the first time, today. However, I got pulled out of that funk.... because of this:


I'm in Disney World. With my best friend. For months. No one is more fortunate than me.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect Becca! I'm glad you pulled yourself out of your funk and found the magic again because of your friendship with Rebekah.

    ReplyDelete