Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Bit of Catching Up

I'm such a bad blogger. Please don't hate me forever and ever. Here's a quick update on my Disney life over the past couple of days: work, work, work, work, work, and work. We're talking 10-13 hour days! While it's exhausting, and you all know I hate my job, there are benefits to it! I'm making dat cash monie fo da bank  like crazy, which allows me to do fun things like go see Magic Mike with all of my girls at midnight. I'm also learning to appreciate my job for the things it's not. It's not what I want to do for the rest of my life. It's really showing me how important it is to stay motivated to reach my goals. Working the long hours is not only showing me the stuff I'm made of, but it's also giving me the opportunity to bond with the people I work with. I've made great friends due to our mutual distaste for working in the fast-food industry as the lowest on the totem pole. I've also learned that I am going to be trained to work at the ice cream counter in the coming days, so I'm ecstatic about that! I can't wait to be in a guest hot-spot making magic for hot, cranky, sweaty people from all over the world! And I'm dead serious about that statement.

Outside of work, my social life has been quite interesting! A few days ago, I went to an audition for face character, but I got turned away at the door because I am in the College Program. Needless to say, I was devastated. Several of you probably got very distressing phone calls as a result. However, I put on my big girl panties, and went to Epcot. I needed a bit of perspective, so I went to my favorite place in the world (world showcase, that is): La Patisserie in France. I got a Cafe au Laite and a Croissant and sat outside reading my book in France. It was one of those magical Disney moments that everyone always talks about. As I watched the guests around me, I realized that they ALL spend thousands of dollars to be at the Happiest Place on Earth, but I'm being payed to do it. Just having that realization has made me a totally different person about everything. Work is work. I can't change that. But I can change the way I perceive it. It's not about the money I make; it's about the friends and memories.

Speaking of friends and memories, I've made some good 'uns. I may or may not have been on a date or whatever. It's no big. And it's always a good time when I can go to the pool/parks/Wal-Mart with my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment