Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bastille Day

So, yesterday was Bastille Day. For those who aren't quite sure what that is, I present, a lesson in French history.
             Bastille Day is, essentially, the French equivalent to Independence Day in America. In 1789, the lower classes of French civilization stormed the fortress prison known as the Bastille. This act of rebellion against the French monarchy became a symbol for the looming French revolution. 

Now that we all have a basic idea of what Bastille day is, I can get on with the blog! As you all know, I ride the bus to Epcot nearly everyday for work because of all the interesting international encounters I get to have. Well, yesterday, I was pleased to see that many of the French people got really decked out to celebrate their country. The girls all had red, white, and blue clothing, make-up, and hair extensions, and the boys carried French flags around their shoulders. I'm not sure why, but I was really proud to see how much they loved their country; maybe it's because I can relate. Anyways, I worked for a while, but I was off early enough to do something other than collapse in my bed. My good friend from work and I decided to go to France for the day; it seemed only fitting! Upon our arrival, it seemed that the French also had that idea. I spent Bastille Day among the French, eating pastries with a good friend. It ended up being quite a good evening! 

But, alas, I forgot my camera at home, so I have no pictures of the events. Please enjoy this instead:

My lovely best friend working.



And then us doing fun stuff:



And then this:


No comments:

Post a Comment