Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A "Shocking" Adventure

Today I went to Hollywood Studios with my friends, and it was super fun! Upon our arrival we decided to take pictures with a balloon guy. He accidentally punched Jamie in the face, so he told her she could have a FREE BALLOON! Obviously, she didn't want to carry it around all day, so she said she would get it later. And guess what: we ran into him on the way out of the park, and he made good on his word! She got a cool light up balloon (retailed at 15 buck-a-roos). Unfortunately, she also got hit on... hard. So hard. It was kind of really funny. Here is our picture with the balloon guy:


(Jamie has the sunglasses and Laura is in the blue tank top)

After we met the balloon guy, we decided to go to the Tower of Terror. There is talk that one of the levers in the boiler room of the Hollywood Tower Hotel will shock you if you touch it. Naturally, we tried to find it. We looked like crazy people the way we were touching anything and everything that we thought may be considered a lever. People were staring at us, but that's something we are getting pretty used to as we do weird things often. Just as we were nearing the elevator, I reached out and touched a rather unassuming lever, and, low and behold, it shocked me! I was so excited; I yelled, "It's this one! I swear. Touch it!" Laura and Jamie refused to believe me for the longest time, but neither would actually touch it. Finally, Jamie grabbed the handle with a wince; nothing happened. She touched it again and again, and, still, nothing. Laura touched it. Nothing. They thought I was just tricking them, but I swear upon my bunny, Thor that I was shocked! My fingers tingled for at least two minutes afterwards! 


These didn't turn out so hot...


But this did:


(Photo Cred goes to Jamie)

We then rode Rockin' Roller Coaster, which is always a.... scream. We didn't get to ride it together though, so no fun pictures of that. We did the "single rider" line in order to bypass the insane wait time. Then we just walked around, took in the American Idol Experience, and sang in the rain a bit...





Laura left us after a while (she had to work super duper late last night, so she wanted to take a nap), so Jamie and I ventured further into the depths of Hollywood Studios to find food. I had been dying to go to either the 50's Prime Time Cafe or Sci-Fi Diner, so we decided to check wait times. Usually those restaurants don't have wait times at all.... because it's entirely reserved out. We walked into the Prime Time Cafe and asked what the wait was. Well, the hostess didn't tell us; she asked for my name and told us to go sit down in the living room until it was time for dinner. We didn't even have to wait five minutes until we got our table! Yay! The food was awesome. The atmosphere was great! The waiters and waitresses act like your family (specifically a 1950's mom). They make you eat ALL of your vegetables, yell at you to use your manners, and basically treat you like a kid. IT'S SO MUCH FUN! Oh, and we had a really cool ice cream sundae. It had popcorn on it.



She was checking out the dessert menu...



After dinner, we went on Tower of Terror again; I was determined to prove that the lever DID shock people. We figured that perhaps it was timed or didn't shock every time in order to keep people guessing. We nearly walked onto the ride, despite it being listed as a 60 minute wait. When the moment of truth arose, I was sure I would be proven right. Jamie grabbed the lever and pulled it down........... and nothing happened. No shock. Zilch, Nada, Zero. I was so sad :/ However, I maintain that I WAS SHOCKED. My fingers tingled! Oh well, another time.

This happened though:

We are in the top right corner of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment