Friday, August 24, 2012

During My Absence

Hello again! I know it's been a while; I'm an extremely unreliable blogger. I guess blogging just isn't my natural calling.

Not a ton has happened.... oh, wait, I lied. A LOT has happened, which is why I'm so awful at blogging. I work so very much each week. One of the most exciting things I've done during my time in Florida was seeing one of my favorite bands, Walk the Moon, live in concert at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney with my dear friend Jamie. We waited in line outside of the venue for hours in the heat, then in the rain, then in the hot rain. It was pretty difficult. We tweeted the band to let them know we were waiting in line, and they retweeted us back! Then, right before the doors opened for us to go in, Nicholas, the lead singer (and total babe) came out to see Jamie and I.... exclusively! He was so cool and so very nice! I couldn't even make words when I met him.


We were hot messes because of the rain, but it's ok because he was wonderful. We were front and center for the concert, which was absolutely amazing. After the show, we were able to meet the band. We got photos and autographs from all of them. They each RECOGNIZED US FROM OUT VIDEO!!!!! It was a crowning moment of my life as a fangirl. Kevin, the bassist, told me I was beautiful and Nick asked us to hang out with the band after the show! He got my Twitter tag and he now follows me on Twitter. I almost died. It was such a fun night. Sadly, it was Jamie's last night in Florida; she left for Boston the next day. It made me sad to have to say goodbye to her.


(Kevin, the super attractive bassist who I love)


(Nick, the lead singer)


(Our signs we made for the concert)

Last week, my wonderfully amazing and beautiful friend Trish came to Orlando for a visit! It was so nice to see a familiar face from home. She brought a few fellas from Starkville with her, and we all had an absolute blast. However, I don't think I realized how much I miss home until I saw her. We went to the Sci-Fi Diner for some girl time, and caught up on life. We went to Hollywood Studios the first day that we hung out and Magic Kingdom the second day. It was wonderful, but it was REALLY hard to say goodbye to her. Having her and others from Mississippi State around really put me at ease. I was so comfortable and felt like I was back in my element. I can't wait to see her again!









Yesterday, my roommate, Megan, and I went to Hollywood Studios for the day to find characters. We had a lovely time, but it started raining (like it always does). Other than that, my life has pretty much been work and going to the parks! 









No comments:

Post a Comment